If you believe you have been physically or mentally injured due to clinical negligence (or medical negligence) in the Plant City area, you may be able to seek restitution. With that being said, for your clinical negligence claim to be successful, and for compensation to be awarded, you must demonstrate that the care provided to you fell below an acceptable standard (or a duty of care), and that this unacceptable standard of care (or breach of duty) ended up causing your injuries and suffering.
If you think you have received negligent treatment from a general practitioner, dentist, or another healthcare professional, you should get in touch with a medical negligence attorney in Plant City, Florida as soon as possible.
How to Proceed with Your Plant City Medical Negligence Attorney
A personal injury attorney specializing in medical negligence laws in Plant City will need to obtain information from you regarding the nature of the clinical negligence. Using this information, they will advise whether it may be possible for you to file a clinical negligence claim. In particular, your attorney will need to know:
- Personal details of the patient who received negligent medical treatment.
- The name of the doctor or medical specialist who provided treatment.
- The addresses of all healthcare professionals’ offices and hospitals where treatment was provided.
- The dates the treatment was provided.
- Why you believe there may be a clinical negligence claim.
- What injury or additional emotional trauma has resulted from the negligent medical treatment?
After discussing the case with you, your Plant City medical negligence attorney will be able to:
- Advise you about how your clinical negligence claim will be handled and the likely outcome.
- Discuss appropriate funding methods with you.
- Give an estimate of the amount of compensation you could receive.
- Discuss the strengths and shortcomings of your case.
- Give you an indication of how long your claim could take to settle.
How much compensation will I receive?
You will be fully compensated for your personal injuries if your clinical negligence claim is successful. Monetary compensation can be sought not only for the pain and suffering you have suffered as a result of your injuries, but also for the overall impact they have had on your life — think lost wages (past, current, and future), medical expenses (past, present, and future), assistance with household duties, and the cost of any adaptations or assistive devices for your home or vehicle. It is worth noting that clinical negligence claims in the Plant City area can take several months (or even years) to settle. It is vital that you are aware of this before you file your claim.
Only a reputable and qualified medical negligence attorney in Plant City will be able to assist you in analyzing the circumstances of your potential clinical negligence claim and design a defense strategy to help you receive the best settlement possible. As a result, it’s critical that you choose the right attorney from the beginning.
Are you looking for a medical negligence attorney in Plant City, Florida?
If you think you might be entitled to a medical negligence claim, O’Toole Law Group is here to help. With decades of experience in dealing with all types of personal injury lawsuits — including medical negligence claims — we will fight to get you the justice you deserve. We represent clients in Central Florida on a contingent fee basis, which means you don’t pay us anything until you get your full settlement.
Call us at 863-533-5525 or contact us online to schedule a free legal consultation with Neal O’Toole.